面朝大海,春暖花开 -- Facing the ocean
      
      从明天起,做一个幸福的人
      From tomorrow on, I will be happy;
      喂马,劈柴,周游世界
      feeding horses, chopping wood, and travel the world.
      
      从明天起,关心粮食和蔬菜
      From tomorrow on, I will care about foodstuff and veggie.
      我有一所房子,面朝大海,春暖花开
      I have a home, facing the ocean, 
      in the warmth of the spring and blooming flowers.
      从明天起,和每一个亲人通信
      From tomorrow on, I will write to all my loved ones, 
      告诉他们我的幸福
      and tell them about my happiness.
      那幸福的闪电告诉我的
      The messages by the lightening of happiness, 
      我将告诉每一个人
      I will deliver them to everyone!
      
      给每一条河每一座山取一个温暖的名字
      I will give every river and every mountain a warm name.
      陌生人,我也为你祝福
      Strangers, I will pray for you too!
      愿你有一个灿烂的前程
      I wish you a bright future;
      愿你有情人终成眷属
      I wish you fulfilling loves;
      愿你在尘世获得幸福
      and I wish you happiness in this broken world.
      我只愿面朝大海,春暖花开
      But for me, 
      I only wish to face the ocean, 
      in the warmth of the spring and blooming flowers.
      
      
        Translator's Note:
        The author Hai Zi committed suicide on a train track 3 months after written this poem.